Alaska

Alaska
I may have taken this picture but only the man upstairs could have created art like this.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Right it Down!

God is Great - I think one mistake we make is that we don't always right down a unique thought when it pops into our heads. Do you ever get an innovative idea or really cool thought and think, man where did that come from? And then - tell yourself you will go back to it later or you "won't forget" this one. Only to never think about or remember it again.

These are not our thoughts. They are visions and ideas from God. I believe our creator speaks to us often and we don't grab a hold of it. When and idea pops into my head, I now right it down immediately and then try and expand on it for 90 seconds. After that, leave it alone. I come back to it later because after 90 seconds the devil jumps in and attempts to give me reasons why it won't work. But - once it is written down, it is never lost.

Keep a small journal in your back pocket only for "Gods visions" that pop into your head.

Once the vision is written down - pray about it, talk to God, Thank him!

Sometimes - We (I) just need to stop, Be still, and Listen. Slowing down to hear his word will ultimately speed up the process to fulfilling his will for us.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I so agree Chris. In fact, listening to God is a challenge for me and I just shared with our bible study that I want to be better about that during prayer time. After all, God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth. So much of the time I go to God with my prayer list and can go on and on..nothing is wrong with that as long as I also practice active listening. I like the idea of jotting thoughts down. Thanks for giving me something to ponder.

    ReplyDelete