Alaska

Alaska
I may have taken this picture but only the man upstairs could have created art like this.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

U ever want to just hide from life for a couple days??

I think we all do every now and again. It happened to me this past week.
I have realized that when I do want to hide, I am not feeling the spirit ~

It is actually easier to continue to hide, watch television, eat, complain, sleep, not pray,and procrastinate than anything else when these funks find me. This is when I know my thinking needs to be changed completely. My thoughts need to actually be taken from me.

This is when it is the hardest time for me to pray.... when i don't feel like it

This is also the time when prayer is needed more than ever.... when i don't feel like it

But ~ If I just dig down deep. Make a snap decision to drop to my knees and start thanking my creator for all I have - I mean all that I have... Then...the anxiety and negative thoughts slowly start to leave me.

So ~Thank you God for my healthy family, for my 3 beautiful children, for my home, my eye sight, Thank you God for my friends, my truck, my clothes, and the air you let me breathe. God, guide me into the world and put the right people in front of me. Give me the wisdom and courage to share your word and my story. A-men.

3 comments:

  1. Well put Chris. What I think that is so great about God is that I will ALWAYS fail and he will NEVER fail me. His grace and forgiveness is ongoing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We truly do need to take captive our thoughts and line them up with the Word!!! That was a HUGE revelation for me and will forever be something that I have to walk out daily as it is so easy to fall back into those pits! Mike lost his job 2 weeks ago and the enemy has been all over it, but to give in to that kind of thinking is death and we choose LIFE!! We know God is building yet another testimony through this experience in our lives and He will place those in our paths that will need to hear it! I pray we all have the boldness to speak and for hearts to be prepared and softened to hear and receive all that God has for them as well! He is no respector of persons and He IS a miracle working God, and when we CHOOSE to pray and seek Him and praise Him when we don't feel like it---well I can only imagine how that blesses Him and in return blesses us :)

    Remember to ask for prayer when you feel you can't pray too. I had to learn that, but that is what our brothers and sisters in Christ are here for---as we will all have to pray for others as we all fall from time to time and the enemy will always attack our want to and ability to communicate with the One who can lift us up again.

    Way to stay encouraged and strong and I'm glad you are out of "hiding" LOL You are blessed and you are a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Words Stacey! I love your fire.
    My prayers are with Mike and your family.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete